Translation companies are not immune to the intense competition globalization and the internet have fostered; thus, to generate business, they have to use different tactics, such as engaging cultural experts and trying to find translation clients using social media.
And why not? Social media is one of the many avenues today for marketing and finding clients. And, with the right knowledge, flexible plans, creative strategies, and quick responses, you'll find that social media platforms are effective marketing tools and a great place to find clients. If you’re working on expanding your business abroad, and reaching foreign markets through social media, working with a cultural expert from a professional translation company is essential to ensure that you’re talking to your target audience in the right language.
Social media marketers for translation companies should realize that there are platforms that fit their business. So it is important to identify the correct platforms to find translation clients using social media.
Aside from that, social media marketers should understand that there are also some do's and don'ts when using social media platforms for marketing. Each platform has its strengths and weakness, different user bases, and different consumers. Likewise, it is essential to learn how to attract and engage social media users and convert them into clients. Translators deal with languages and cultures, and handle a variety of clients. They also need to be cultural experts.
You cannot afford to be lax when you are a social media marketer. When you are trying to find translation clients using social media, you have to be dedicated to it. You have to do constant monitoring, respond to messages immediately, and provide people who are interested in the right information. You do this to entice them to learn more instead of seeking other marketers to find the answers or solutions they need.
Choosing the Right Social Media Platform
Social media networks are prevalent today. It is worth checking if you can use these networks as a marketing tool or you can use them to find translation clients. To be more effective as an online marketer, you should be after targeted traffic. You are investing effort, time and money on social media networks. Make them work for you by reaching the consumers that need your product or service. This is the reason why you have to choose the right social media networks.
How Do You Make the Right Choice?
Each social network has its characteristics that will help you gauge if the platform is suitable for your products and services.
Here are some questions to help you make the right choice.
What’s your objective?
What is your goal in using social media for your marketing and promotion? Do you want to improve your brand awareness? Do you want to enhance your reputation by creating an event? Do you want to launch a new product or service? Ask as many questions as necessary, and consider what the tools at your disposal can do for you.
Define your target audience
After your goal, you should accurately define your target audience. Are they from your country or are they from a different locale? What’s their age? Are you targeting both males and females?
Define your target's knowledge, lifestyle, talents, thoughts, skills, hobbies, dreams and feelings. Determine what they need and want. Provide the answers to the problems that burden them.
Your answers to these questions will give you an excellent understanding of your target clients. Once you do, you’re ready to assess what are the right platforms, those where your future clients are spending most of their time.
Know the type of media content your customers prefer
Online marketing offers you audiovisual, interactive methods to reach your audience. Determine what type of content your future clients find more useful and engaging. Do they prefer podcasts, videos or articles? Are they into graphics and infographics or do they have no specific preference?
When you’re looking for translation clients using social media, be ready to do the preparatory work. Determining the demographics of your target audience will guide you in choosing the right social media platform. For example, if you are selling to younger people, know that they do not like to view long texts. Millennials need constant stimulation, so you need creative materials to catch and keep their attention.
Normally, it is all right to use every type of media content in all social media networks. But to ensure positive results, it is better to fit the type of media content you use to the style of the social network.
Characteristics of Popular Social Networks
Each social network appeals more to a different type of user. One of the things you have to do is to understand their demographics, so you can find where your target audience likes to hang out.
- For the younger market, Snapchat is a good choice. Snapchat chan be helpful when targeting consumers between the ages of 18 and 25, which comprise 60% of its users. The platform is exciting for younger audiences because the lifespan of the posts is just 24 hours. Users like to pursue opportunities, and they are passionate. It is an excellent platform for advertising when you want to create a sense of urgency. Snapchat offers audio, video and direct messaging options.
- Twitter is a versatile platform that caters to almost every user persona, which makes it an excellent platform to promote consumer goods with mass appeal. Twitter is also beneficial for freelancers, agencies and businesses. Twitter is accessible globally, and despite its young audience (18 to 29), it’s an excellent platform for different types of business.
- Facebook's most active users are in the 25- to 34 age range. More women use Facebook than men. It's a perfect tool for advertising since it offers particularly precise audience targeting tools. It has an e-commerce feature and an option for live streaming.
- LinkedIn is your go-to platform if you want to target professionals. It’s used by more men than women. The average age of the most active users is between 30 and 64 years. LinkedIn is suitable for B2B marketing and a vital network when you have to find passionate and highly skilled professionals.
- Another platform that has mostly male users is Instagram. If you have visual materials for your product, you can use Instagram for short videos and delightful images. The network's 'Stories' feature is viral. It also offers direct and video messaging.
How to Find Translation Clients Using Social Media
One rule you have to keep in mind – when you want to find translation clients using social media, you need to talk about your prospective clients.
You are looking for future clients, so your approach should be different. If you are looking for translators, you talk to them, so you provide them with industry-related articles, how-tos, and best practices.
If you want to connect with clients, talk about their industry because this is where their interest lies. You can likewise provide them information regarding the benefits of translation to their industry.
- Research. It’s critical. Determine which industries you can find your future customers in. It is the only way for you to define who your target clients are. If you have identified your target clients, you will be able to find the means to talk to them. You will be able to know what they need and provide the right solution to their problem. If you don't do this, you will be talking to more people who are not interested in your service.
Once you know who your specific target audience is, you can prepare your content marketing plan. Write the content for the prospective clients you want to reach. Upload your blogs to your website and share them on the social media networks that fit your audience profile.
Use your original blogs, and re-share other types of content that you feel are valuable to your target audience. Choose the best material to re-share, become a news aggregator.
- Use the features of social networks to search for potential clients. For example, you can use Twitter if you are looking for financial companies needing South American Spanish translation services. Remember that when you want to find translation clients using social media, there is no shortcut. You have to go through a process. Search for content related to the specific sector by using the right keywords. Next, search for news about the target location, such as South America. After finding the news and other related content, you can share these materials through your own social media channels.
- Use an RSS feed app to show your blog articles and other related blogs. Alternate the content you share through your social media platforms with aggregate content and your content.
By providing your target clients with these types of content, you’re going to attract future clients. Likewise, you build a reputation for being an industry expert. Scheduling of your content releases is crucial. Evenly distribute your content throughout the week.
- Maintain a regular schedule. Once you have a regular schedule, work to maintain it, so your potential clients don’t look for information elsewhere. This step helps build a closer relationship with your target audience: You gain their trust and become a source of valuable knowledge.
Market and consumer research is critical if you want to find translation clients using social media. Establish your social media goals and define your target audience. Find out which social media networks fit your business best and which ones your target audience uses. If you are developing other markets, work with cultural experts so your marketing efforts are on point. Moreover, see to it that you have different types of material to use for your marketing. Ensure that you maintain a regular schedule when providing information that your prospective clients want to see or read.
Use your knowledge as cultural experts to find prospective customers if you are developing new markets in specific locations.
Use the Best Translation Company
You always want the best, so when you need translation and other language-related services, rely on the best translation company, Day Translations, Inc. Our pricing is very competitive and our turnaround time is excellent. We are cultural experts and translation specialists.
Day Translations only works with native speakers who live in-country to ensure they have an inherent knowledge of the local language and culture.
With our huge network of expert translators and subject matter experts located around the world, we can immediately connect you to the right translator to handle your project. Further, we are open 24/7, every day of the year. Give us a call at 1-800-969-6853 or send us an email at Contact us.