One way to express your thoughts is by creating blogs. Even if your goal is to simply make your voice be heard, you also want to let as many people as possible read what you have written. If you are well-versed in English and you find it easy to post a blog that everyone can easily understand, go ahead and do it. However, if you are non-native English speaker, but you want everyone to understand what you have written, then it could be a huge challenge. This article will provide some tips that will boost your confidence when writing blogs in English.
1. Practice, practice, and practice. Before you publish any article, try practicing first. If possible, have another person critic what you have done. If you can learn from the writing style of other writers, it would be great. Don’t just rely on what you think is right. There might be some grammatical lapses that you have not realized up until it is too late. When you keep on writing, you will realize that you have started to become a better writer.
2. Write according to your skills. When creating a blog, you don’t need to make use of difficult-sounding words. The point of writing blogs is to convey your thoughts. If there are certain structures that you are not familiar with in writing a sentence, then don’t go that way. Try to rewrite the sentence in which the whole thought is conveyed, but using simpler terms. Besides, your readers encompass both native and non-native speakers. By using more simple terms, your post will be appreciated more.
3. Make use of proofreading tools. There are a lot of tools available online to help you identify the problem in your blog. There are tools that can automatically correct wrong spellings and grammatical errors. There are also tools that will identify which sentences were not constructed well. The tools will also identify the changes that have to be done. By using these tools, you are also given free English lessons. Of course, when you have understood your mistakes, you won’t do them again for your next post.
4. Learn from other bloggers. Find bloggers whose English is impeccable. Not only will you learn the proper construction of sentences, but the best writing styles as well. Just make sure you don’t get too overwhelmed that you end up copying the entire post from that blogger.
5. Be open to criticism. For your first few posts, it is inevitable to commit mistakes. However, you must not let yourself be affected in a negative way. Instead, you have to take those criticisms positively. If you think the comments are correct and you have to tweak something in your article, go ahead and do it. Don’t try to be defensive. Take note that you also want them to become loyal readers of your blogs.
Once you have started becoming more confident of your work, you will realize that your posts start to become better. Good luck and impress your readers!