Any brand set on expanding into the global marketplace needs to understand what its target locale deems important. Key events like Thanksgiving and Christmas are massive highlights on the Western world’s calendar, and it’s the smartest of brands that understand the importance of these events and take advantage of the marketing opportunities. Localizing for Thanksgiving is a great way to connect with your audience and demonstrate the fact that you care about their needs!
Did you know that localization isn’t only beneficial when you’re entering a new market? It’s actually very beneficial for customer service as well! Here’s a look at why localizing for Thanksgiving and other festive events is so important:
The Benefits of Localization
When you localize your content and products/services, you’re opening opportunities to attract new customers in new markets the right way, and you also have the ability to increase revenue since new customers in new markets lead to more sales and increased revenue.
Localization might also enable you to sell your products or services in a new region and allow you to discover a need for a new service or product that addresses a problem unique to that demographic.
Localization is a Love Language of Marketing
When it comes to marketing your content globally, it is important to adapt your messages to cater to a variety of audiences, local languages, and cultural nuances. When you speak your customer’s language, you’re showing them that you truly understand their needs, and that’s why 75% of consumers prefer buying products in their native language.
Less Churn, More Loyalty
“Talk to a man in a language he understands, and it goes to his head. But talk to him in his language, and that goes to his heart.” The wise words of Nelson Mandela resonate deeply with the importance and benefits of localization.
Did you know that 68% of customer churn is related to negative experiences? Localization speaks to the heart of the audience and shows that you respect their history, language, culture, and traditions. It helps you make authentic connections that are deep enough to keep customers coming back and staying.
Tips and Tricks for Thanksgiving Localization
- Squash your competitors with optimized, localized, high-quality content.
- Have regular team meetings to run through gourd ideas for your content calendar.
- Have fun and get a little corny with your content from time to time. It’ll help you relate better to your audience!
- Don’t forget to highlight the bread and butter of your brand with the right kind of content.
- Google penalizes websites for keyword stuffing, so avoid it at all costs and stick to using natural keywords within your content.
- A cornucopia of content won’t put you ahead of your competitors. What really matters is relevance and quality.
- Harvest your best content and repurpose it for future use to help you save thyme and costs.
- It might seem tempting just to go cold turkey and quit producing content when you don’t see impressive results, but perhaps your marketing strategy might need evaluation instead.
- If you know how to scale your content and use the right localization partner, it can be as easy as pie to give your audience the kind of content they want to feast on!
The Wrap Up
Thanksgiving is just the start of the festive shopping season, which is why it’s the ideal time to make the most of your marketing efforts. With so many options for targeting your customers based on their location and demographic, it’s important to incorporate best practices into your existing strategies.
Localization is the gift that keeps on giving for your brand.
If you’re looking for a tur(n)key localization solution, Day Translations is here to help!