The International Education Research Foundation (IERF) is a credentials evaluation service that conducts research on international education and prepares credentials for anyone that studied outside of the U.S. in need of a statement of educational equivalency. IERF is also one of the founding members of The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
That might sound like a mouth full, but IERF is one of the most reputable and respected foreign credential evaluation agencies. If you are looking to study in the U.S. as an immigrant, it should be one of your first considerations.
What is Credential Evaluation?
Several countries across Europe and the United States use credential evaluation to assess an individual’s academic proficiencies and accomplishments earned in another country. Students that wish to apply for admission in a country such as the United States use credential evaluation services like IERF to ensure their acceptance and admission.
Because education systems differ from one country to another, it is essential to have a common basis for evaluating the educational credentials of international students. In an academic credential evaluation, a report shows an applicant’s education credentials earned in a foreign country. The report also indicates the equivalence of these credentials compared to the U.S. education system.
For educational credential evaluations, applicants submit original certified copies of their academic documents such as certificates and diplomas. If the documents are written in a language other than English, it is also necessary to submit an English translation of the document.
What Are the Benefits of Using IERF for Credential Evaluation?
- IERF is one of the most reputable credential evaluation agencies in the world.
- They offer a super-rush service that has a 24-hour turnaround time.
- You can download your application status report online.
What Are the Drawbacks of Using IERF for Credential Evaluations?
- You will need to submit an original copy of the transcript and mark sheet.
- Evaluations from IERF can be expensive if you choose to use the rush and super-rush options.
Are There Different Types of Evaluations?
In general, credential evaluation services like IERF offer three types of evaluations. These include:
This evaluation describes each diploma or certificate and provides an equivalency for each. It details descriptions of periods of education, grades, degrees, credit hours, courses, and overall academic performance.These reports are generally used for college admissions and professional licensing and certification.
Educational credential evaluations are also known as document-by-document evaluations and describe and list all educational institutions attended and the credentials earned and their U.S. equivalents. In most cases, you will need this kind of report for employment, immigration matters, and university admissions if there is no need for transfer credits.
Professional Experience Evaluations
Individuals applying for H-1B visas in the United States are generally required to submit these evaluations as part of their visa application process. This report evaluates a person’s professional work history and educational credentials to establish the United States’ equivalency.
Translation of Official Documents
If your educational documents were issued in a language other than English, they must be translated by an ATA-certified translation agency.
Day Translations offers a certified academic evaluation service that includes a report comparing courses from foreign transcripts to the United States’ requirements.
We can help you with your academic evaluations required for studying in the United States. With Day Translations, getting your certified academic translations is as easy as:
- Submitting your transcript through our online form.
- We translate, proofread, edit, and certify your document.
- We compare and evaluate your foreign education with educational institutions in the United States.
- You receive your documents formatted and ready to accompany your university or high school application forms.
We provide certified academic translations that are USCIS accepted, available in more than 100 languages, and accepted worldwide.
All our transcript evaluations are performed by certified members of:
- The American Translators Association
- The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- The Association of International Educators
- The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers