Throughout the year, workers focus on performing all their tasks, whether they are employees or business owners. The owners strive to grow their companies and increase their revenues. Employees want to earn more, for themselves, for their families, and for their future.
They may have different objectives for the most part of the year. But as the year draws to a close, everyone will be looking towards one thing – the holiday season or Christmas season.
And why not? Christmas, for the people who celebrate it, is the year's most wonderful holiday. It's a festive season that's contagious unless you're Scrooge. So many things are happening at this of the year, making the holiday season quite magical. If you list down the things why you look forward to Christmas, you can come up with a very long list.
Thinking of Christmas makes most people feel excited from the thought of work-free days, shopping, wrapping and giving presents (and receiving them), parties, trips, food and holiday décor.
Happy Holidays! Here are some happy thoughts on this wonderful season:
- As you grow up, you learn that Santa Claus isn't real. But who cares? You still receive presents. Okay, granted not all the presents you will receive are to your liking, but it's the thought that counts, right?
- You still enjoy choosing a Christmas tree and decorating it. Your decorations may be family heirlooms or you start collecting your own. Lighting up your tree for the first time brings back fond memories.
- You may and may not have snow, but the weather is still cool enough to wear a sweater, even those Christmas-y ones sent by your grandma or favorite aunt. You light up your fireplace and enjoy a different kind of warmth as you and your family gather around to experience a different kind of closeness.
- You still feel excited thinking what kind of presents you'll receive this year, with or without putting up your Christmas stocking. There's still a different feeling as you wrap Christmas presents you've risked your limbs and wallets for. For the artistic ones, it's time to unleash your creativity, in decorating your home and your tree and wrapping your gifts. Even if you missed Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, you know that you'll still be able to find bargains and discounts wherever you shop.
- You look forward to the parties, knowing it's the time of year when you can forget about calories.
- It's the one time of year when you can have fruitcake, again. And eggnog, too!
- You go around your neighborhood to ohh and ahh on the beautifully decorated houses with all the glittering and twinkling multi-colored fairy lights (and wondering how much their electricity bill will be).
- You can watch a Christmas parade, listen to Christmas music until they're stuck on your brain and binge-watch old Christmas movies. Take your pick: It's a Wonderful Life, Meet Me in St. Louis, Miracle on 34th Street, Holiday Inn or The Shop Around the Corner.
- Christmas is about being with family and close friends.
And let us not forget, it's the time of year when you feel most thankful, for all the blessings that you have received and will continue to receive.
We are here for you even during the holidays!
Of course, for some, Christmas time is still a time to serve other people. Just like us here at Day Translations, Inc. Our work does not stop even during the holidays because our clients around the world may be in need of urgent language services. We don't have a reason to complain, as our job is rewarding and fulfilling. And we are very thankful – for our continuous growth, our growing list of satisfied clients, for the chances to interact with people from different cultures, for making us proud of the services we provide and the rewards (and awards) we have received this year.