A romantic getaway is often a very expensive vacation. But you can circumvent the circumstances and have a romantic getaway without spending too much. It you're a practical couple who truly love one another; you know that a short vacation, no matter where it is, is going to be romantic.
But what elements comprise a romantic getaway? Often, the list includes a destination you both decide on, cozy lodging, candlelight dinner, flowers and maybe music that bring back lovely memories. Looking at the things in the list, they do look expensive. So if you are on a budget, will you still go on a romantic getaway?
Of course you should! As a couple, you need some time by yourselves, even if it's going to be not as expensive as you want it to be. There are several ways to save and spend only what you can afford and still have a romantic getaway.
We have prepared several tips for you, so you can plan your romantic getaway that can add more love and warmth into your relationship, provide you with more unforgettable memories and have a great time.
Planning your romantic getaway
You cannot afford to just go on a vacation on a whim, especially if you have a budget to consider. Moreover, it is not only you who are going away, so you have to plan the getaway together unless you are planning to surprise your partner. Whatever type of plan you are thinking of, you still have to do it right. In this way, you'll be able to stick to a budget and have a safe plan that will not give you surprises that could prove costly.
1. Make it meaningful
You do not have to splurge on a romantic getaway to make it memorable. You do not have to go to far-flung places to create memories. For a romantic getaway, it is more important that the vacation is meaningful to you and your partner. You were attracted to each other because you share common interests, which brought you closer and probably made you decide to be together. Finding those shared interests that can create a meaningful experience that you once had can make your romantic getaway unforgettable.
You do not even have to go overseas. Maybe you can visit another state or another city. Doing so allows you to save and yet have an experience that will last a lifetime.
2. Search online
It is not difficult to find the right destination for your romantic getaway today. You do not have to visit countless travel agencies to get recommendations. You can find all the information you need online. Of course, getting recommendations from your family and close friends also helps because they would not gloss over the descriptions of locations and places to stay.
Search locally before thinking of going overseas. For sure you have not visited all the wonderful destinations in your state or elsewhere in your country. It is easier to make comparisons and find the places that offer the best prices that are within your budget. You can find a variety of places, activities and other interesting information that can help narrow down your list to the most suitable one, for your budget and the time you can spend away from home and work.
3. Begin saving today
If the romantic getaway you're planning is for next year, it is best to start saving for it today. Put something away regularly, which will help defray the cost of your vacation with your partner, so you do not have to worry later. By saving today, you can focus on your romantic vacation instead of constantly worrying about how to pay for it.
You can buy the tickets today if you have already determined your destination, so you can start paying it off before you go on vacation. Doing so will help you get good points for your credit rating.
4. Bring essentials with you
If you're on a budget, consider bringing the right travel equipment and gear with you because rentals are often expensive, especially in popular destinations. Faulty rental equipment can pose risks to your health and safety.
Depending on your travel plans and destination, check the facilities and amenities the destination offers so you know what to bring.
You can download your favorite songs; bring special food and even candles that carry your favorite scents to create a romantic ambience.
5. Opt for something small
A vacation is important but thinking of how to afford it is more crucial. When you're on a limited budget and only have a few days to spare, think small. Opt for a weekend trip instead of a week-long one. Find a destination that is closer to you that offers things that you both love. You can realize more savings if you travel mid-week instead.
6. Choose to go in the off-season
If you want to save and still have a romantic getaway, you can have both when you plan it during the off-season. The off-season is sometimes called low season or shoulder season when many destinations are not packed with people, so the travel and accommodation rates are cheaper. Do not plan your romantic getaway during the summer months for favorite destinations like Asia.
7. Pick the right destination
When you are planning a romantic getaway, of course, you have to choose the right destination. It should fit your expectation as a romantic destination and still be within the limits of your finances. What you have to do is to consider some things:
- Closeness of the destination. Airfare is expensive and in order to save, choose a location that you can easily reach through cheaper means. Ideally, choose a place that is about two to three thousand kilometers from where you live.
- Cost of the destination. Make a list of destinations that are located within the ideal distance. Check the cost of the destination and choose the one that is closest to your budget. There are online sites where you can choose the best locations with current rates for transport, food and accommodation.
- Romantic atmosphere of the destination. Ideally, romantic destinations have attractions like canyons, cliffs, forests, national parks or beaches. These places provide you with vistas that are astonishing, spots for picnics and views of romantic sunsets or wonderful sunrises. Further, a romantic getaway often includes a romantic dinner, so choose a destination with a cozy restaurant that can offer that.
- Safety. You have to consider your safety as well, so choose a destination where the crime rate is low so you can safely travel around.
8. Pick the right accommodation
Aside from the cost of going to the location that you have chosen, accommodation is also one of the expenses that carry a high price. The rates are higher for places that are labeled as romantic destinations. Still, there are romantic getaways that offer cheaper lodgings. Consider these:
- If you are nature lovers, you can choose to stay in a tent. Choose a destination where you can safely pitch your tent and still be close to civilization. It can be an ideal lodging when you're in the mountain, valley or forest park. You can pitch your tent in a location that provides you with some privacy, as well as have time to watch the stars.
- Another accommodation option is a short-term rental such as a penthouse apartment. It is better than staying in a luxury hotel, which can charge premium rates. There are providers that have listings of homes and apartments with mod cons such as rooms, barbecue area, patio, Jacuzzi and even a swimming pool.
- In some tropical beach destinations, you can rent a hut (called bungalow), which is definitely a romantic abode. If you love the beach, this is one of the accommodation options you should look into.
9. Plan a romantic dinner
Of course, this is one of the highlights of your romantic getaway – your romantic dinner. Read reviews and recommendations from travel sites and find one that suits your budget. It pays to be prepared before you fly to your destination. Here are some options.
- Picnic at the beach. Your hotel may offer this option. If you are not staying in a hotel but in a short-term rental, you can organize the picnic by yourselves. It is more romantic even when you shop for your romantic dinner. Actually, any place can have a romantic atmosphere, if you are together and you have the things that both of you enjoy.
- Plan a romantic dinner. If you know someone who has been to the place, maybe you can ask for a recommendation for a local restaurant that can whip up a special dinner for you. If you are staying in a rental and you love to cook, why not visit the local market and prepare a lovely meal on your own. Shopping locally allows you to enjoy the culture of the place. Who knows? You might be able to sample local cuisine as well! You can get fresh vegetables, fruits and fresh fish and seafood that are cheaper than the items you can get from a grocery store. Set a table on the patio, light some scented candles, play romantic music, chill some local wine and voila, you have one unforgettable romantic dinner.
10. Look for an all-inclusive package
Planning an economical romantic getaway requires some creativity. If you do not want to do some of the things above, search for all-inclusive packages, some of which you can avail of when you book a cruise, stay in a vineyard or at a bed-and-breakfast place. Be sure to read online reviews to ensure that you will be getting everything that should be included in the package. There are destinations where the package includes a city tour, lodging, food and drink and live entertainment. If may cost higher but if you add the cost of the individual inclusions, it might be a better deal.
We can help keep your romance alive
Do you have romantic poems and quotes written in another language that you want to send to your partner? Day Translations, Inc. can help. We have native speaking translators located in various parts of the world. They can translate poems, letters, quotes and other texts in any language. We can easily assign a translator for your needs. It is easy to get in touch with us. You can call us at 1-800-969-6853 or send us an email at Contact us. We are available 24/7, every day of the year, so you can reach us anytime, wherever you are located. We also offer escort interpreting services if you need it.
Image Copyright: Andrii IURLOV / 123RF Stock Photo