Though flirting does not necessarily have a positive connotation, it doesn’t hurt to flirt with someone every now and then. In fact, it feels even better if you know that someone is flirting with you. However, being able to know if someone is flirting with you can be very tricky. The truth is that there is no unified language for flirting. Every person has his or her own way of being noticed by someone.
There are nuances that vary from one person to another. However, there are studies that provide ideas on the common acts done by people who may be flirting with you.
- They smile a lot. If someone flirts with you, he or she might offer you with a nice smile every now and then. You will start to notice that you receive smiles when in fact before, you haven’t. Your presence is even barely recognized.
- You are being mirrored. This sounds crazy, but people who may be flirting with you love to follow what you say or do. They laugh at your flimsiest jokes or gasp with your ordinary stories. They want to be impressed by you.
- The person places hands on certain parts of the body without being too obvious. For instance, a man might keep on placing his hands on his hips to show that he is powerful or in control. A girl might place her hands on her assets such as her hair, shoulders or hips to emphasize how pretty she is.
- There might be a stolen glance every now and then. Of course, this can’t be noticed since it is stolen. However, when you catch him or her doing it to you, a look of guilt can be seen on the face.
- Long eye contacts might also be done. This is done by those who are trying to clearly show their intentions to you. In some instances, these eye contacts may make you feel awkward. If you do, then you have to know that the person is already flirting with you.
- A shy blush might also be a sign that someone is flirting with you. This means that a person is guilty of liking you to the point that certain changes in the body can no longer be controlled.
- Head tilting is also a sign of flirting. In doing so, when the person speaks with you, the attention will only be to you. He or she might even move the head closer to yours so you can communicate more intimately.
These signs might not be applicable to everyone. Also, these signs are subtle signs of flirting. Of course, others can be more aggressive especially if they like someone. Just watch for these signs to spot if someone is flirting with you. Of course, just make sure you don’t assume or else it will be embarrassing in the end. Rest assured, if this person really likes you, these signs of flirting will soon change to actual moves of expressing interest in you.